Preparing for the Next Level: Effective Organizations Training
Monday, March 11, 2013 - 9:00am
Monday, March 11, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM (EDT)
at Bed-Stuy Restoration Corporation, Community Board Room
1368 Fulton Street New York, NY
Hosted by the New York City Department for Youth and Community Development (DYCD) and the Coalition for the Improvement of Bedford-Stuyvesant (CIBS).
We all have big visions for how our agencies can address and solve the problems facing our communities. Some of the challenges in realizing those visions are making sure that our missions are clear and focused, aligning and articulating what the intended impacts are and all the resources and efforts that go into making them happen, and securing funds to implement our vision. This half-day workshop will help leaders understand the critical components of effective organizations and a framework for assessing where their organizations are now and where they want them to be. While a one-size-fits-all diagnostic tool does not exist to help us predict significant organizational challenges, by understanding what makes organizations effective, we can work on continuously strengthening organizational capacity.
By the end of the workshop, participants will gain:
- Increased understanding of the importance of having a strong and clear mission
- Increased understanding of the importance of aligning mission with programs
- Increased understanding of the importance of defining focused and achievable outcomes
- A deeper understanding of how fundraising fits into the vision building process to grow and sustain organizations
- A general framework for effective strategic planning
Who should attend this workshop?
This workshop is designed for individuals who are trying grow and strengthen a small- to medium-sized nonprofit and bring it to the “next level.”
RSVP at: http://dycdtraining2.eventbrite.com/